The practice operates from 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday. Urgent and Emergency extended hours are provided via evening clinics each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (5pm-8pm) and Saturday morning clinics (8am-12.30pm) which are shared with Kowhai Surgery. There are currently ten doctors sharing this roster. Participation in evening and Saturday clinics alongside the rostered Doctor is required for training doctors. Outside of these hours, patients are connected in the first instance to a nurse triage service, with Doctors being available at Wellsford Medical Centre, Coastcare in Red Beach until 8pm, Shorecare Northcross until 8pm or Shorecare Takapuna (Smales Farm) open 24 hrs.
The practice provides much of the A & E service in the area with the nearest acute hospital at least 45 minutes away by road. Trauma from industrial and recreational accidents, and to a lesser extent road traffic accidents, make up a significant part of our work. There is one ambulance based in the area and use is made of the rescue helicopter service. Three local volunteer fire services also provide first response care as required.
• General medical services
• Accident and emergency services
• Minor surgery
• Chronic disease management
• Repeat prescriptions (48 hours notice required unless urgent. An additional cost applies for urgent repeat prescriptions)
• Antenatal pregnancy management
• Infant and well child checks
• Palliative care management
• Travel medicine
• Dive medicals (commercial and recreational)
• Aged care services
• Immigration Medicals (Adult $310 child $250)
• Vasectomy surgery (we are a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider)
• Well Man Check
This includes a physical examination, relevant blood tests such as blood count, prostate tests, and organ function tests and any necessary follow up. Please allow time for a double appointment.
• Well Woman Check
This includes a physical examination, cervical smear, breast examination and x-ray form for mammography, lab form for relevant blood tests and any necessary follow up. Please allow time for a double appointment.
For your convenience, specialists from the following disciplines hold regular clinics at our Warkworth rooms:
• General surgery
• Plastic surgery
• Cosmetic Surgery
• Vein Services
• Paediatric Surgery
Some of the services provided by our nurses require a referral from the doctor. Please ask to speak to a nurse for more details.
• Immunisations and vaccinations including flu vaccination.
• Ear syringing.
• Blood pressure checks.
• Post surgery checks.
• Casts for fracture management.
• Liquid nitrogen.
• Weight management.
• Blood tests (for patients unable to get to the laboratory in Warkworth).
• Tympanometry (middle ear function test).
• Test results and reports.
• Recall service for health screening.
• Pregnancy tests.
Healthy Lifestyle Choices
• Quit Smoking Programme. One-on-one clinic appointments available.
• Cholesterol management advice.
• Cardio-vascular disease – screening and follow up.
Chronic Disease Management
• Asthma support and advice – one-on-one clinic appointments available.
• Care Plus – for people with two or more classified chronic conditions.
• Diabetes - advice and support, including an annual fully funded check.